KUSS STRATEGIC GOALS
From 2021 January 1st till 2023 December 31st
I GOAL. PURPOSEFUL AND QUALITATIVE REPRESENTATION OF KU STUDENTS:
1. OBJECTIVE – SCALE OF UNIVERSITY
1. Maintain the relationship with student representatives of KU governing bodies, keep up coordination and competence building.
2. Active involvement in KU community’s life, governing bodies, committees, and other activities representing their interests.
Critical factors of success: 1) Preparing at least 3 meetings or courses every year with student representatives. 2) Creating a correct, straight-to-the-point map of KU student representation in governing bodies and committees.
2. OBJECTIVE – REGIONAL AND NATIONAL SCALE
1. KU students’ representation in close cooperation with other unions and youth organizations of Klaipėda region.
2. Representing student interests while cooperating with Lithuania’s student union (LSS).
Critical factors of success: 1) Maintaining a constant close relationship with other Klaipėda region Universities and their governing bodies. 2) Inspiring active commitment in LSS activities, courses, and workshops of at least 30% of KUSS members.
II GOAL. STUDENT ORIENTED KU COMMUNITY CHANGES
1.OBJECTIVE – GROWING AND IMPROVING KU STUDENTS COMMUNITY
1. Organizing competence building, intellectual, cultural, and entertaining activities for KU students.
2. The increasing involvement of foreign students in KU activity.
Critical factors of success: 1) Not less than 3 times a year organized social, academic, and cultural activities. 2) All general types of information being accessible in both English and Lithuanian languages
2. OBJECTIVE – PROMOTION OF KU COMMUNALITY
1. Close relationship between student union and KU students.
2. Maintaining the link with KU administration and its departments.
Critical factors of success: 1) Organizing at least 3 meetings with KU students every year. 2) Organizing at least 8 meetings or events with KU administration and its departments promoting the upkeep of inner connection.
III GOAL. STRONG AND UNITED STUDENT UNION
1. OBJECTIVE – STRENGHTENING OF STUDENT UNION UNITY
1. Upholding of organization’s culture, traditions and values.
2. Ensuring an active flow of information within the organization.
Critical factors of success: 1) Organizing at least 5 activities upholding KUSS values, traditions, and culture. 2) Receiving active feedback on provided information – members’ participation in discussions, activities, and meetings.
2. OBJECTIVE – COMPETENCE BUILDING OF STUDENT UNION MEMBERS
1. Competence building of union members for purposeful activity.
2. Appropriate information passing to other student representatives for continuity of KU student union.
Critical factors of success: 1) Organizing at least 5 lectures, courses for competence building. 2) At least once a year organizing a meeting with KUSS Alumni club members.